Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Wedding cakes!

These are all the wedding cakes I have done, not very many, but I'm working on it! This is the first wedding cake I ever attempted!, I think it was my first tiered cake too! My parents eloped when they got married, and they never got a wedding cake, so for my mom's 42nd birthday she got a wedding cake! the top tier was pumpkin chocolate chip with chocolate ganach filling, yummy!!!This is the first wedding cake I ever got paid for! The roses were from costco and not at all in bloom, so we had to run to a florist and buy more roses to try and fill in the gaps, I will NEVER do that again, I use my own florist now! I don't recommend using a place that just sells flowers, always go with a florist that knows what they are doing and will be there to help! This is the back of the cake, the front looked better, live and learn!
This is the next cake I got paid for, it was for a good friend of mine for a December wedding, this time there was a florist and it all worked out great! It was insane timing though, it was 6 days after the previous cake and I had a 3-year-old, 18 month old and a 2 month old baby and they all had stomach flu! The craziest week of my life!! (they were quarantined away from the cake) I also made the beaded topper for the cake, that was fun! The tiers were alternating fudge chocolate and white cake, the "glitter" is from a course sugar, I fell in love with this technique, as you can tell by the next cake...I did this cake for my brothers wedding last August, I had to use some persuasion to get his wife to go along with the sugar on the cake, but she was so happy with the results! I worked right along with the florist who came to the site and individually set each flower, they did an amazing job! I love Bloomers!! This cake was also crazy because I was in the wedding party with my husband and little kids. I love to do cakes and is was great because I was standing in the line and got to literally see everyone's reaction!








2 comments:

  1. I don't even remember hearing about the red one! I think it is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I couldnt believe it when I got on hear and it said it had been updated. That is crazy!!! My sister said to tell you that if you dont make cakes profesionally then you are crazy. She really likled all of them!

    ReplyDelete